* 5-7 years experience in building and improving commercial, enterprise-class online and print-styled software documentation for the full range of end users.
* Demonstrated ability to quickly grasp and document technical, abstract, or advanced concepts very clearly to any audience level required by a product.
* Demonstrated excellence in writing clearly and concisely. Exceptional communication skills. (Candidates will be asked to provide writing samples and complete a writing exam.)
* Proven ability with English spelling, grammar, punctuation, syntax and composition rules and a clear business/technical writing style. Strong editing skills are a must.
* Strong experience with solving communication problems for conceptually complex products, especially those including subjects such as networking, security, databases, and application-server architectures.
* Direct experience with network security products, particularly intrusion detection and prevention systems is highly desirable.
* Experience with content management systems like AuthorIT, Documentum, FrameMaker, graphics tools like Adobe Photoshop, MS Visio, advanced MS Word skills, experience with DITA will be a huge plus.
* Research and write documents on planning and deployment, technical notes, troubleshooting guides, user guides, online help.
* Keep all assigned documentation components up-to-date with the development of their respective products, while meeting high quality standards.
* Drive the process of having documents reviewed and approved.
* Proactively communicate status and issues to facilitate coordination with a global team.
* Coordinate and collaborate with development, testing, marketing, professional services, and related groups through the product-lifecycle process to collect information, meet requirements, and assist in product development.
* Professionally and consistently self-edit own work and assist in editing the work of other team members when necessary. Help engineers improve their own documents.
* Meet requirements for speed, deadlines, and methodology.
* Maintain focus on delivering documentation in the most efficient and productive way.
* Assist and have input into on-going development/improvement of Tech Pubs team, processes, tools and templates.
Contact Details: If you are interested, please send your resume to Srinivas_Raghukumar@mcafee.com with the Subject line - [TW - <name>]
Company"s profile: Please visit www.mcafee.com